Community Short Breaks
- Community short breaks provide group activities for children and young people with disabilities to relax, have fun, make new friends, and develop independence skills.
- Activities last up to 2 hours during term time and school holidays.
- Our aim is to ensure that all children accessing the service have the support they need to engage in community-based activities.
- There will be 3-4 casual support workers in a session depending on the numbers and needs of the children/young people.
- If your child or young person requires additional support, you may be able to request this from our Targeted Short Breaks Service.
- This support can be identified through the Short Breaks Panel.